DIY TISSUE TASSEL GARLAND


This happened. In the little home o-ffice. Squee! See what happened is, after Christmas I got all forlorn after I had to take down the hanging decorations and such (you know?) so I kinda needed to create something that was colourful (tick) dangly (tick) and welcome all year round (tick tick).

I hung it on Friday afternoon and when Lindsay arrived home I said, "You're not going to like the girliness that has happened in the spare room". He walked to the doorway and said, "Oh Sweet #@#$* #@$*$". I'm almost positive that was a compliment.

I've been wanting to make one of these babies for a while. They're very cheap and easy to make - all you need is a few packets of tissue paper from the dollar shop, and the rest you should have at home (string, scissors, sticky tape). My garland is about 3.5 metres long, with 24 tassels. They're quite fiddly to make - I would say this project took me about 5-6 hours, but you just get the music going, do a few tassels here and there, and you'll be done before you know it. If you're ready to make your room wonderful, do what I did and watch a quick tutorial, like this one, and you'll be all set. Oh, and when it comes to boyfriends? I think the old "ask for forgiveness, not permission", works especially well. x



DIY Tissue Paper Garland

DIY Tissue Paper Garland

DIY Tissue Paper Garland

Restored Typewriter

Just showing off one of my most prized possessions - my restored typewriter!

No comments: