A CULINARY TRIP BACK TO VIETNAM








This weekend Lindsay and I recreated a dish that we learned at cooking school while staying at the Sapa Unique Hotel in Vietnam in 2013. When I go on holidays I like to collect bits and pieces from my travels and luckily I'd saved the piece of paper in which I'd scrawled down the recipe while Lindsay assisted the chef. Our lunch was absolutely delicious and all of the flavours instantly took us right back to Vietnam. Most would agree that one of the best parts of travelling is exploring the cuisine, and Vietnam delivered in spades. Admittedly, we weren't the hardcore travellers who ate every meal from street kitchens (crates), but even so, we ate some amazingly delicious and diverse flavours in every place we visited, and both agreed that Hoi An came up trumps. If you're planning a tip, here are a few starting points on places to eat - I kept the business cards :)

Hoi An: Faifoo, Morning Glory (Pork Pancake), The Cargo Club, Cava
Nha Trang: Evason Ana Mandara Resort, the Sailing Club and Lantern's Vietnamese Restaurant
Sapa: Sapa Boutique Hotel & Restaurant
Ho Chi Minh: Lemongrass, Cafe D'anver, Al Fresco's (this one is for when you're craving an Aussie burger at the end of your trip!!)


No comments: