PEARL OYSTER BISCUITS



This weekend my beautiful little niece celebrated her 5th birthday with a Mermaids & Pirates party. Her talented mama did such a fabulous job, decorating the house with pretty aquas, pinks and whites, and setting out a scrumptious sea-themed feast with delicacies such as Seaweed Skewers (grapes threaded onto skewers), Crab Claws (carrot sticks), Fish & Chips (Dixie Drum Sticks and French Fries chips). For the party, I recreated some pearl oyster biscuits that I spotted on babyology.com.au. Who'd have thought a bunch of kiddos would gobble down a plate of oysters so quick?!

I used a basic shortbread recipe for the biscuit, fondant and an edible pen for the eyes, butter cream icing and metallic sixlets for the pearls (from Candy Bar Sydney).

Also, have a look at the sensationally sea-savvy party bags made by the hostess with the mostess (my SIL). Beautiful! 


No comments: