GINGER ALL THE WAY



 I don't know about you, but I'm getting really excited about Christmas! Well, more accurately I'm just enjoying the season and everything that goes with it... (not being at work) and, OF COURSE, our annual gingerbread house!

Mum and I didn't have a game plan for decor but had a lot of fun inventing along the way. This year's architectural  features include:

 Fir trees made from upsidedown icecream cones covered in chocolate icing and shards of Peppermint Crisps; heart-shaped windows made from hand-cut leftover gingerbread dipped in sprinkles; wafer shutters; and a gorgeous front and back garden with climbing flowers made from leftover peppermint crisps and hear-shaped sprinkles (Mum's creation!)

Fellow gingerbread house builders: if you use Peppermint Crisps for trees, I recommend keeping the trees in the freezer until presentation time (Xmas Eve for us) because the shards will turn a bit gooey and melty if left out in the open. 
x




No comments: