MELTED SNOWMAN CUPCAKES




I developed an immediate crush on these melted snowman bath bombs from Lush and couldn't get the little fellas out of my head, so this morning I decided to recreate them in the form of cupcakes! I'm not sure if it's obvious that they're meant to be melted snowmen, or if people will think I tried to make regular snowman, but that I'm a bit "spesh" in the kitchen... maybe I need too make a placard...

Anyway, we are in Australia here guys... it's hot! Snowmen... they don't survive in these parts!





Basic Vanilla Cake

125g butter at room temp
3/4 cup white sugar
4 drops vanilla essence
2 eggs at room temp
2 cups self raising flour
1/2 cup milk

Cream butter, sugar and vanilla. Beat eggs and add gradually, beating well after each addition. Add the flour alternatively with the milk, beginning and ending with the flour. Bake at 180 C fan forced, approx. 15 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.

Decorations

Usually when I make icing I will use icing sugar, milk, vanilla essence and a truckload of butter. The butter is what makes it super delicious. However, I wanted this icing to be as white as possible so I left out the butter. Not as oomy... but no one likes yellow-tinged snow.

For the melted head and body I used white marshmallows (I made a hole inside one and pushed another inside that hole to create a kind of flat marshmallow (this is because Woolies was out of giant marshmallows) and attached milk choc bits, using icing as glue, for the eyes and fallen buttons. For the carrot noses I cut up some Jersey Caramels.

On a humid day like today, take my handy hint and put the choc bits in the freezer before you attempt to place them, otherwise they get all melty... trust me, you don't want to see the practice snowman! (You can't see him anyway, he's in my tummy.)

If you're thinking of making some Christmas cupcakes you might also want to check out my Rudolph Cupcakes from last year. Happy baking!

No comments: