WINTER WONDERPANTS



Even though I have 28 seasons of winter under my belt, two of which were served in the Northern Hemisphere, I still find my body feeling shocked every year as we fall further into the chilly season and the mercury dips.

I emerged from my building's revolving doors at lunchtime today, having once again been lulled into a false sense of comfort by the air-conditioned cocoon trap that is The Office. Pulling my mustard coat tighter around me and burrowing into my scarf, an increasingly familiar lunchtime battle of internal dialogue began, with Winter Alex rallying for Potato Pie and Summer Alex suggesting that a Sushi Roll would be a more sensible choice. In the end, Summer Alex pulled through by a slender margin, but Winter Alex was left feeling melancholy.

It was post California Roll that I chanced to wander by the Peter Alexander store, its rainbow windows a'calling.

Peter Alexander is like a pastel paradise of pajamas. It's impossible not to feel happy in there. It's sort of like  I have a drawer at home, the sole purpose of which is to house my pajamas  I'm not sure why this is the case but for some reason that PJ drawer smells different to all the other drawers. It's just all like, flannel and cotton and comfort and amazingness. Anyway. When you wander into Peter Alexander you kinda feel like you're Alice and you've fallen into a giant-pajama-drawer wonderland.

So I ended up buying some new PJ pants and I've come to gloat. These PJ pants have built-in leg warmers at the ankles [hells to the yes they do] AND furthermore, if you look on the website, it says: "COLOUR: Snowman". Oh yeah. These pants I'm now wearing would not be out of place on the Man Repeller blog but for this fact I have little regard! I have snowman pants. <3




Summer Alex is still delusional and purchased afternoon tea of yoghurt with FROZEN summer berries. Chilly but delish!

No comments: