SIPPY SIPPY SHAKE


How good are blueberries? I am going through 2-3 punnets a week at the moment. They can be a little on the pricey side so I also have a big pack of frozen ones in the freezer for emergency scenarios.

One of my feature breakfasts at the moment is a blueberry protein shake. It's especially refreshing after some early morning exercise. Pretty much, most of the run is just me hurtling towards a milkshake.

This one is high in protein and calcium (and omega 3's if you have organic milk) and has lots of slow release energy, thanks to the oats. The blueberries are high in antioxidants and I read that cinnomon is a natural appetite suppressant and an anti-inflammatory... which would be good for you if you're in the arthritis way, but I just love the taste. Anyway, blah blah blah, all you need to know is that it's good for you and it tastes nice.

Just blend all these together, and play around with the quantities til the consistency is to your liking. Bob is your Uncle : )

About 1/2 cup organic milk
About 1/2 cup water
Small handful of blueberries
Choc protein powder
Small handful rolled oats
Sprinkle of cinnamon

BLUEBERRY PIC HERE


No comments: