SUITS FOR THE TRACK



It’s pouring rain and the only place I want to be is curled up on my bed in my trackies and buried in a stack of pillows.

Such is my fascination with tracksuit pants, and possibly more to the point, my anti-fascination with my work today, that I’ve been driven to conduct a little research on my favourite garment.

Wikipedia’s definition is as follows:
 
Sweatpants are an informal variety of soft trousers intended for comfort or athletic purposes. In the UK they are varyingly known as track suit bottoms or the more informal jogging bottoms. In Australia and New Zealand they are known as trackies, track (or tracksuit) pants.

By this wonderful definition, I could rock up to work in my trackies and, if questioned, I could say "I am wearing my soft trousers today".
 

No comments: