You're a PEACH!




peaches come from a can they were put there by a man
in a factory downtowwwwwn
if i had my little way i'd eat peaches everyday
sun soakin bulges in the shade.......

movin' to the country i'm gonna eat a lot of peaches
movin' to the country i'm gonna eat me a lot of peaches

nature's candy in my hand, or can, or pie



A little while ago I was sugar-scrubless and went in seach of a home-made recipe. I have already shared the banana one and now I'm here to review the peach variety.

All in all - fragrant, cheap, easy, fun to make and lovely to use. And if you get hungry in the shower, also very useful. I did prefer banana, but you can see for yourself which one you like best.

The hardest part was going to the shops and buying the peach. This is a bit embarrassing, but you know how some people have mental blocks about some things - like no matter how many times you're told something, you'll never get it? 

I've aways had a bit of a problem with peaches, apricots and necterines. They kind of all look the same to me.

Here's the peach scrub recipe from care2.com:

PEACH & BROWN SUGAR SCRUB

1 large very ripe peach, unpeeled, sliced and mashed
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup white granulated sugar
1/3 cup olive oil

Mix ingredients in a bowl and mash together until well combined.

Note: This is the original recipe from the website, but I like sugar scrubs a little less liquidy. Try 1/4 cup olive oil and add more if you think you need it. Less liquid will make for a deeper exfoliation.


2 comments:

  1. Canned peaches are delicious but eating them fresh is still the best.

    Wonderful recipe. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Great vegie site too - I will definitely be taking a look for future gardening references =)

    ReplyDelete