Play with your food


Don't be silly. 

A few weeks ago I was hankering for a good ol' sugar scrub, but alas the bathroom cupboard was bare.

I googalized 'home-made scrubs' and found care2.com who have a banana scrub recipe that is easy as pie. Way easier actually. Easy as toast.

The site lists a few recipes, including a peach and brown sugar one that I want to try. The appeal of the banana recipe though is that you don't have to have any fancy, posh people ingredients.

It's a bit Neaderthal, I'll admit, but it will leave your skin squeaky clean and soft and this is a great opportunity to throw some food around in the shower. Because I know you've been dying to do that for ages.

I've made it a few times and in the recipe below, I've altered the quantities they originally suggested. The top tip is not to add too much banana because a sloppy scrub maketh not a good exfoliant.

BANANA BODY SUGAR SCRUB

1/3 to 1/2 banana
4-5 tablespoons granulated sugar
¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract or your favorite essential oil (optional)

Mash ingredients together with a fork into a chunky paste. Yep, that's it.

Enjoy the scrub, and enjoy finding brown bits of banana in your shower the next day!!!

No comments: